Domainers trust us with their most valuable assets. Consolidating your portfolio with Uniregistry can save you both time and money with quick and easy bulk functionality tools and great rates on 100’s of domain name endings.
Steps to transfer domains to Uniregistry
1. Ensure all the domain names to be transferred are unlocked at the current registrar and that you have requested the authorization codes.
If your domain names have WHOIS privacy enabled, we recommend disabling it before transferring to Uniregistry to ensure you receive the ‘Transfer Authorization’ (FOA) email.
2. Log in to your account at Uniregistry.com by clicking the ‘Log In/Sign Up’ button in the upper-right corner of the homepage.
3. Click ‘Transfer’ from the menu at the top of the page.
4. From the left-hand menu, select ‘Create New Transfer’ and type or paste the list of domains you want to transfer, one per line, into the text box. When completed click the ‘Continue’ button.
4b. If you have the authorization codes for the domains, enter each code after the domain in the list separated by a comma. If you don’t have them, you can add them later in the ‘Resolution Center’.
Each domain that you would like to transfer will require an authorization code (or EPP code), which you will need to obtain from the current registrar.
5. Review the default contact to be used as the registrant for the domain(s) being transferred in. Click the Privacy.Link™ button to enable or disable the free WHOIS Privacy.Link™ service and click ‘Continue’.
Click ‘Change Contacts’ to select a different address from your address book or create a new one.
6. You can enter a descriptive name for your transfer job if you would like and review the list of domains to transfer in. Click ‘Begin Transfer’ to initiate your transfer request.
7. Ensure the domain is unlocked at the current registrar and the auth code is correct. Then select ‘Resolution Center’ from the left-hand menu in your account and click ‘Begin Transfer’.
A successful transfer requires the domain to be unlocked and have a valid authorization code, before payment can be authorized and the transfer finally initiated. You will receive notifications by email about any outstanding issues and you can visit the transfer ‘Resolution Center’ in the left hand menu of the ‘Transfer’ page at any time to identify and resolve any issues preventing your transfer from being successfully initiated.
8. Click ‘Confirm Transfer’ to submit the transfer job.
9. Select the Payment Profile to be used for payment. Your default payment profile will already be selected; if you would like to use a different payment profile hover your mouse over the profile and click ‘Change’ to choose a new payment method or create one. You can redeem your Topcoin to save on a portion of the transfer fees and click ‘Process Payment’ to submit your completed transfer request.
- Any outstanding issues will be identified in your transfer ‘Resolution Center’ in the left-hand menu of the ‘Transfer’ page.
- The transfer process can take anywhere from 1 to 5 days once the transfer is submitted.
- You or the registrant may receive a link by email from the current/losing registrar to expedite the transfer process.
- Domains must be at least 60 days old to be transferred away from their current registrar. If a domain is ‘too young’ for transfer, you will see this noted in your ‘Resolution Center’ and you must then wait the full 60 days from the date of creation and resubmit your transfer.
- You will not be charged unless the transfer is successful.
- Payments are authorized when the transfer job is submitted but you are not charged until the domain(s) successfully transfers into your account. If a transfer is canceled, your payment authorization will not be processed but your bank may hold the funds for a few days before releasing them. Please contact your bank in regards to any held funds.
- Most transfers add a year to the current registration expiration date.