DNS records are mapping files that tell the DNS server which IP address each domain is associated with, and how to handle requests sent to each domain. There are several different types of records to generate different outcomes. If you aren’t sure what kind of record you need, ask your web host or domain administrator.
To create DNS records at Uniregistry, you must use Uniregistry’s name servers. Changing your name servers will affect any exisitng records set for your domain, like for a website or email. If your name servers are set outside of Uniregistry.com, be sure you want to change them before proceeding. If you don’t want to change your name servers, then you should add your DNS record(s) through the portal where your name servers are located.
Steps to create a DNS record
1. Log in to your account at Uniregistry.com by clicking the ‘LOG IN’ button in the upper-right corner of the homepage.
2. Click ‘Manage’ from the menu at the top of the page.
3. Click on the domain name you want to edit.
Select several domains to create records for those domain.
4. Select the ‘NS/DNS Records’ tab.
5. Scroll down to the ‘DNS Records’ section and click the ‘New Record’ button.
5b. Or click the ‘Activate Uniregistry DNS’ button first if necessary then click the ‘New Record’ button.
Activating Uniregistry DNS will change your name servers to Uniregistry’s. Changing your name servers will affect any exisitng records set for your domain, like for a website or email. Be sure this is what you want to do before proceeding. If you don’t want to change your name servers then you need to add your A record(s) through the portal where your name servers are located.
6. Select the type of record you want to create from the ‘Type’ drop-down menu.
7. Enter the information in the required fields and click ‘Add’.
You will not be allowed to create new records that conflict with existing records. If you see an error message, check the conflicting record(s) to decide which ones you want to keep.
Repeat steps 5-7 for any additional records.
8. When you’re finished creating your records, click ‘Save Changes’.