MX records are used for email services and is a resource record that specifies the server (or servers) responsible for accepting email messages for an associated domain name. You typically would receive an MX record from your mail service provider to configure the domain for your email account.
Steps to create and access MX records in your Uniregistry account
1. Log in to your account at Uniregistry.com by clicking the ‘LOG IN’ button in the upper-right corner of the homepage.
2. Click ‘Manage’ from the menu at the top of the page.
3. Click on the domain name for the MX record you want to modify.
4. Select the ‘NS/DNS Records’ tab.
5. If you're not already using Uniregistry's name servers, click 'Activate Uniregistry DNS' to set Uniregistry's default name servers.
- Is your domain already set up for website hosting?
Changing name servers will affect any existing DNS records. If your domain is already configured for a website, you will need to create MX records via your current web host to avoid taking your website offline.
5a. Scroll down to the ‘DNS Records’ section and click ‘New Record’. Then select ‘MX’ from the ‘Type’ drop-down menu.
6. Enter or paste the MX record data provided by your mail host into the ‘Name (Data)’ field and click ‘Add’
If you’re using a subdomain, enter it into the ‘Host(Name)’ field. Otherwise, leave it blank.
Repeate steps 5 & 6 for any additional MX records.
7. Click ‘Save Changes’ to update your DNS Records.