A TXT record is simply text information applied to a domain name’s DNS Records. Some third party service providers such as GSuite, will ask you to create a TXT record to verify your ownership or control of a domain name. Uniregistry customers can create a TXT record in the domain’s manage page.
Steps to create a TXT record
1. Log in to your account at Uniregistry.com by clicking the ‘LOG IN’ button in the upper-right corner of the homepage.
2. Click ‘Manage’ from the menu at the top of the page.
3. Click on the domain name you want to edit.
4. Select the ‘NS/DNS Records’ tab.
5. Scroll down to the ‘DNS Records’ section and click the ‘New Record’ button.
5b. Or click the ‘Activate Uniregistry DNS’ button first if necessary then click the ‘New Record’ button.
Activating Uniregistry DNS will change your name servers to Uniregistry’s. Be sure this is what you want to do before proceeding. If you don’t want to change your name servers then you need to add your TXT record through the portal where your name servers are located.
6. From the ‘Type’ drop-down menu, select ‘TXT’.
7. Enter ‘@’ for the domain alone or enter a subdomain in the Host (Name) field and type any text (up to 255 characters) in the Text (Data) field. Click the ‘Add’ button to create the record and complete the process by clicking on 'SAVE CHANGES'.