Domain forwarding with a mask (or embedded) allows you to redirect your domain’s visitors to an existing website while keeping your domain in the address bar.
Steps to forward your domain to another URL
1. Log in to your account at Uniregistry.com by clicking the ‘LOG IN’ button in the upper-right corner of the homepage.
2. Click ‘Manage’ from the menu at the top of the page.
3. Click on the domain name you wish to forward.
4. Select the ‘NS/DNS Records’ tab.
5. Scroll down to the ‘DNS Records’ section and click the ‘New Record’ button.
5b. Or click the ‘Activate Uniregistry DNS’ button first if necessary then click the ‘New Record’ button.
Activating Uniregistry DNS will change your name servers to Uniregistry’s. Changing your name servers will affect any exisitng records set for your domain, like for a website or email. Be sure this is what you want to do before proceeding. If you don’t want to change your name servers then you need to add your A record(s) through the portal where your name servers are located.
6. Select ‘URL Embedded’ from the ‘Type’ drop-down menu. Enter ‘@’ or a subdomain in the ‘Host/Name field, a page title, and the URL you are forwarding to in the Target field. Then click ‘Add’ to create the record. Repeat steps 5-6 for any additional records – like the ones below:
- ‘@’ points just the domain name alone to the IP address
- ‘www’ will point the fully qualified domain name to the IP address. A trailing “.” is required for this type of entry.
- ‘*’ means that any subdomain that isn’t already specified will point to the IP address.
7. When you’re finished creating your records, click ‘Save Changes’.