You don't need to transfer your domain to Squarespace to get your website up and running. Follow these simple steps and your site will be online in just a few minutes.
You may refer to the Squarespace.com article below on connecting a domain to Squarespace for the relevant instructions on configuring your Squarespace account:
Steps to configure a domain for Squarespace
1. Log in to your account at Uniregistry.com by clicking the 'Log In/Sign Up' button in the upper-right corner of the homepage.
2. Click ‘Manage’ from the menu at the top of the page.
3. Click on the domain you want to edit.
4. Select the NS/DNS Records' tab
5. Scroll down to the ‘DNS Records’ section and click the ‘New Record’ button.
5b. If you see the ‘Activate Uniregistry DNS’ button, you must change your name servers to Uniregistry's by clicking this button and confirming before you can proceed to create a new DNS record.
Activating Uniregistry DNS will change your name servers to Uniregistry’s. Changing your nam servers will affect any exisitng records set for your domain, like for a website or email. Be sure this is what you want to do before proceeding. If you don’t want to change your name servers then you need to add your A record(s) through the portal where your name servers are located.
6. From the ‘Type’ drop-down menu, click on ‘CNAME’.
Create 2 CNAME Records
7. Enter the Squarespace verification code in the 'Host/Alias/Name' field on the left and verify.squarespace.com in the 'Data' field on the right. Click ‘Add.
7b. Repeat steps 5-7 entering www in the 'Host/Alias/Name' field on the left and ext-cust.squarespace.com in the 'Data' field on the right. Click ‘Add.
Create 4 A-Records
8. Click 'New Record' and enter @ in the Host/Name field and 184.108.40.206 in the IPv4 Data field (default type is A Record). Click Add.
8a. Repeat step 8 for each of the 3 following IP's by clicking 'Add' after each one:
9. When you’re finished creating all the records, click ‘Save Changes’.