This set-up should take 1-2 minutes to complete. The same steps apply for both phone and tablet devices.
- How to set up Uni Email on Gmail (Android)
- How to set up Uni Email on other mobile clients (Android)
1. After you have created your Uni Email account, you will be presented with your email's manage page. Tap Use This Email Now to begin.
Alternatively, you can tap Manage on the homepage and tap on the domain of your email and select the account you want to set up.
2. You will be prompted to enable the Uni Email Assistant to help guide you through the steps. Tap Continue to use the assistant. We recommend that you use the Uni Email Assistant throughout the setup.
3. You must allow the Uni Email Assistant to be displayed over your settings panel for it to work. Allow display over other apps, next tap back button to be redirected to the email client app settings.
4. This screen may look different depending on the Android device you are using. Look for Other, Personal or IMAP and tap to select it.
5. Enter your email address and tap Next.
6. Select the account type, look for IMAP.
7. Enter your email password for the new email address, then tap Next.
8. Set the incoming server setting by entering imap.hosting in the Incoming Server (IMAP) field setting then tap Next.
9. Set the outgoing server setting by entering smtp.hosting in the Outgoing Server (SMTP) field setting, then tap Next.
10. Tap Next to confirm the updated Gmail account options.
11. Enter the name you want to appear with your email address (optional) then tap Next. Tap the Yes to close the Uni Email Assistant.
12. Your new inbox will automatically launch ready to send and receive emails using your new email address. Happy emailing!
Other mobile clients
- After creating your Uni Email account, you will be presented with your email's manage page. Alternatively, you can tap Email from the bottom menu and select the account you want to set up. Tap Use this email now to begin.
- You will be prompted to enable the Uni Email Assistant to help guide you through the steps. Tap Continue to use the assistant.
- You can tap Cancel to return to the email manage page and bypass the assistant. Then tap Manual Configuration to proceed to set up without the assistant.
- We recommend that you use the Uni Email Assistant throughout the setup.
- All of your apps that support separate accounts will be displayed but not all of them will support email. Be sure to select an app that supports email to continue.
- Email is the default email app for Android devices.
- Uni Email works best with Gmail.
- Tap the right-arrow to advance the Uni Assistant.
- Enter your new email address and the password for it then pap Next. Tap the right green arrow to advance the Uni Email Assistant.
Visit Manual server configuration page and use provided settings to connect other email clients with your Uni Email account.